WP YouTube2007-11-01 @ 16:23
What about a free plugin that makes your YouTube videos easier to publish? Whether you use WordPress as a blog or as a CMS this plugin helps you to present your YouTube videos without the effort to paste the whole embed-code. You only need the video ID, the rest is handled by WP YouTube. It also features YouTube options , for you to control all the YouTube videos at the same time. Then it automatically set the colors, borders, width and height.
- Version 2.0 is out. Click here to go to WP YouTube 2.0
- Download: WP YouTube 0.9
- Go to: WP YouTube 2.0
- Version: 0.9
- Works with: 2.2-2.3.1
- Upload wp-youtube.php to the /wp-content/plugins/wp-youtube directory.
- Activate the plugin WP YouTube through the ‘Plugins’ menu in WordPress.
- Go to ‘Options / WP YouTube’ for options and more instructions.
- New feature – ”Tag type” added
- Fix – Autoplay bug fixed
- Fix – Stylesheet code removed, it wasn’t used anyway
- New feature – ”Autoplay” option added
- New feature – ”Include related videos” option added
- New feature – ”Valid XHTML code” option added
- Fix – Width and height was switched
- Fix – The ”Tag name” is now set to default value even if options is never updated
- Fix – Some visual enhancements to the instructions part
- Fix – The support link is changed and goes now directly to WP YouTube
Why did I make this? I’m developing a video-site when this is written and got tired of pasting and editing the embed code. After about 30 posted YouTube-videos I wanted to change the width of the site and there by the width of every movie-clip. What if I could do that in just one place, in one simple setting? I made a plugin to manage that. I figured that my plugin could be used for more than just change the width and height. YouTube videos have support for colors and borders and I brought that into the plugin as well.
- Download older versions of this plugin at WordPress – WP YouTube
- Calling a stylesheet that does not exists (most users don’t even notice)
- Autoplay don’t work if ”Valid XHTML code” is not set
Contribute / Feedback
The best way to contribute is to spread the word, link to this page or give me feedback. All kinds of feedback are helpful to me. Have you tested this plugin on another WordPress-version and can confirm that it works? Let me know. Suggestions and bug report are also welcome.